Traveling with your sweetheart is so exciting!
You get to share all your experiences, spend much time together, and create memories for years to come.
When going on a romantic weekend or honeymoon you usually want to travel light, but on the other hand, you also want to be prepared for any occasion, and not forget items that will help you feel and look good.
As a rule of thumb, anything that will make you feel pretty is worth packing, but don't go over the top.
Here are our suggested top essentials to consider when packing:
- Anything for a romantic ambience - e.g. music (prepare your playlist in advance), travel candles, massage oils.
- A toiletry bag or cosmetics case with space for all your toiletries – preferably with separate compartments so you can categorize your items (shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste, body lotion, sunscreen stick, makeup, night cream, perfume).
- A pair of sunglasses
- 1 dressy tank top (preferably black, in wrinkle-resistant jersey fabric)
- 1-2 nice dresses for fancy dinners or drinks
- 2 casual sundresses (can be dressed up or down)
- 1 light sweater or cardigan
- A light & warm shawl or scarf (very useful as a blanket too)
- Bathing suit
- Sturdy casual flats for walking and one pair heels for nice dinners or drinks
- Jewelries: necklaces, bracelets, earrings
- Nightgown and sexy underwear
- Small-medium sized packing cubes (depending on the size of your suitcase) with label windows to easily pack find anything you need.
As you can see, packing for your romantic weekend getaway can be easy if you know what to pack. This list is flexible and depending on your packing habits and travel style, you could pack more or less items.
Think we missed something? Please leave us a comment below!
We hope you have a wonderful and romantic holiday with your special one.
Such a lovely post, and so useful! Thank you ❤️